Norazlin Binti Nordin
National Department For Culture and Arts, Perlis
JKKN Perlis Complex
Persiaran Wawasan Kangar
Tel :04-979 3604
Fax : 04-977 0117
At first, the cultural development of Perlis administered through Head of Northern Arts And Cultural Center on the ground floor of the building Sultan Abdul Halim, Alor Setar, Kedah. At that time, it's under the Ministry Of Tourism And Culture.
Office of Culture and the Arts was established in the state of Perlis in March 1993 in line with the development and wider office functions to achieve a balanced development of the country in terms of physical and spiritual development. Officials began to operate at Level 10, EPF Building, Jalan Bukit Lagi, Kangar with an area 143.58.m.p.
After the new federal building, Persiaran Jubli Mas ready, Prime Minister's Office has allocated space Perlis Culture and Arts at Level 8, with an area of 91.36.m.p. without payment of rent, water and electricity free of charge and supplied with equipment and furniture being applied and is operational on December 15, 1997.
The new office also provided amenities directors, officers room, resource room, kostium room and foyer.
Perlis JKKN complex formerly known as Taman Budaya Negeri Perlis began to be build in December 1999 and completed in April 2001 with value RM7,638,229.00. Land area is as wide as of 1.7787 hectares, which houses two building blocks of the auditorium block and the administration block. Seating capacity auditorium can accommodate 400 people.
Now, the Office of Culture and Arts Perlis called the Department of Culture and Arts, Perlis Perlis placed JKKN Complex located at Persiaran Wawasan, Kangar and was occupied in May 2001 until now.
- To implement research and development, documentation and publishing, cultural arts coaching, skilled human capital development in cultural arts field, expanding cultural arts, enhancing cultural arts, artistic and production development, and cultural arts promotional programmes;
- Building effective networking between cultural arts industry players, Government agencies, Private sectors, Non-Government Organizations and cultural arts activists locally and internationally;
- Providing platform for arts activists involved in economic field through cultural arts activities
- Strengthening cultural and arts activities that are appropriate to become domestic and international tourist attractions; AND
- Optimizing States JKKN organizational functions.
Resource Center of Art and Culture
• Cultural Arts Resource Centre
• Department Arts Group (KKJ)
• Excellent Arts Guidance Group (KBSC)
• National Cultural Arts Coach (JSBN)
• Arts Incentive
• Cultural Arts NGOs
• Cultural Arts Activists
• Cultural Arts Gallery
- CULTURAL ARTS ENHANCEMENT DIVISION
• Theatre Festival
• Dance Festival
• Traditional Games
• Mysenibudaya Programme: Perlis East Wind Festival
- CULTURAL ARTS GUIDANCE DIVISION
• National Cultural Arts Coaching Programme
• Cultural Arts Guidance Programme (KTB/KGB)
• Excellent Arts Guidance Group (KBSC)
• Let’s Learn Programmes
• Coaching Advisory Service
- PRODUCTION AND ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
• Arts On Wheels (Mobile Stage) Programme
• Technical and Artistic Advisory Services
• Citra (Images) of Malaysia Programme (Morning Exercise and Colours of Malaysia)
- CULTURE AND ARTS ENHANCEMENT DIVISION
• Enlivening Noble Values Programme: Cultural Lectures
• Cultural Aids
• Arts Activists and NGOs Advisory Services
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
• Cultural Arts Research Programme
• Apprenticeship Programme
• Cultural Mapping
• Traditional Arts Theatre (PST)
- CULTURAL AND ARTS DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
• Cultural Arts Data Collection
• Malaysian Skills Certification (SKM) / Previous Achievements Recognition (PPT)
• Engagement Session
- DOCUMENTATION AND PUBLICATION DIVISION
• Sales and Marketing of JKKN’s Publication Materials
• Video Recording and Still Pictures Materials Collection
• Dissemination of Resource Centre’s Information
• Collection of Binding Materials
• Book Loan
- Open Stage / Arts Garden (below the Auditorium)
- Seminar Room.
- Acting/ Dance / Musical Studios
- Cultural Art Gallery
- Cultural Arts Resource Centre.
- Prayer room man / woman.
- Public Toilet.
- • Car / Motorcyle parking area
- Bougainvillea Recreational Park.
- Bukit Lagi Recreational Park.
- Bukit Gua Sami Selera Rimba Alam Gua Food Square.
- Hotel Seri Malaysia.
- Hall 2020 (Community Hall).
- Petronas Petrol Station.
- Driving Training Center.
- Perlis Civil Defence Department Complex.
- Ministry of Home Affairs Complex
- Perlis State Legislative Assembly Complex.
- Visitors can use public transportation by taking ride on MyBas buses and taxis from the Taxi and Bus Terminal with fare around RM 10.00 - RM12.00